Sunday 10 August 2014

A Trio of Bourjois Foundations

Easily available on the high street and of a high quality Bourjois foundations are a go to for me. I was hooked from the first pump of Healthy Mix Serum, and have recently ventured to the CC Cream and Happy Light Foundation. All receive positive reviews but what one do you really need?



Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (shade 51- light vanilla) £10.99

This gel foundation was the first I tried from Bourjois and is still one of my favourite foundations I own. With a gel formula it applies easily and smoothly to provide light coverage and blurring. I find this creates a dewy, daytime feel and is my go to foundation for casual or work days. One pump is all I need for an application and can be simply applied with fingers. The shade I own looks very natural for pale skin, which is something traditionally hard to find on the high street. Healthy Mix Serum has a light fragrance which smells slightly fruity but this does not last on the skin. The packaging boasts that the foundation lasts 16 hours. I don't think it does but for short outings or casual days I think it looks natural and provides just enough coverage to even out your skin and give a bit of healthy glow.

Bourjois Happy Light Foundation (shade 50- porcelain) £11.99

Happy Light provides more coverage than Healthy Mix and feels creamier to apply, creating a more even base but still with the dewiness of Healthy Mix. I again apply this foundation with my fingertips (one pump is enough) but like to use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff the product in to create a smooth, natural base. The bottle boasts that it lasts 8 hours and I think it does last longer than Healthy Mix and is still visible when I get home from work at night after 8 hours. Again, I have the lightest shade in the range but I find it a little dark. The colour looks better once it has been buffed in but I do prefer the shade of Healthy Mix. Scent wise Happy Light has a heavy perfumed smell which isn't to my taste but this fades on the skin and is not noticeable after a couple of minutes. I like this foundation on days when I need a bit more coverage or are not feeling as confident about my skin. The finish is glowy and I think it works well in Summer or if you have a tan.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (shade 31- Ivory) £9.99

As a CC Cream this base is much lighter and runnier to apply, providing a very light base which I think is good for warm Summer days, perhaps when going a walk or to the beach. It boasts SPF15 which is a great addition for when it is sunny outside. Standing for "Colour Correction" this base should balance out any discoloration or tiredness in your skin to leave a bright and awake appearance. This does not provide coverage for any blemishes but is successful in brightening up my complexion, while also being light enough for it to feel comfortable on a warm day. Unlike the other 2 bases the CC Cream has a nozzle to dispose the product. I apply a little on the back of my hand at a time and apply with my fingertips until I am happy. The scent is similar to the fragrance of Happy Light but again fades once on the skin. Shade wise this base is a good match and as it is quite thin it is easily blendable.



To summarise each of these foundations has a lot of good points and covers a range of situations from sunny days on the beach to more full coverage evenings. The Healthy Mix Serum is a good all rounder, a good colour match and provides a light, dewy finish, while the Happy Light provides higher coverage and lasts on my skin most of the day. I'd recommend trying these foundations if you like light coverage and dewy finishes.

What is your favourite high street foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment