Sunday 27 July 2014

Dupe: Origins Clear Head Mint Shampoo


My week can be really packed with work and volunteering so when Sunday comes around I like to spend the day relaxing and just doing something for myself, whether that is going for a long walk or reading. I think a lot of other people also use Sunday as a recharge day so thought I would use this idea to base my first regular feature. I haven't named this feature but am hoping to post each week about something different that I find interesting, relaxing and generally Sunday feeling.

Today I thought I would talk about shampoo. Yes, I do wash my hair through the week but from my childhood I still think of Sunday as the big bath day where you refresh yourself for the week ahead.  For a proper, fresh clean I really enjoy using the Origins Clear Head Mint Shampoo. I have used about 4 bottles of this and find that a 250ml bottle can last me around 4-5 months for my mid-length hair, impressive. But at £16 I have been on the look out for an alternative... Let me introduce you to the Alberto Balsam Tea Tree Shampoo which is an incredible 99p (for almost double the amount of product)!

Both shampoos suit greasy hair that needs to be washed regularly and as a result have a light consistency that doesn't leave any residue. They also both advertise on the bottle that they "tingle" the scalp which I think is a reference to the mint based scents. The Origins shampoo contains Brazilian Mint and Spearmint which is awakening and fresh feeling, with the scent lightly lingering after washing. The Alberto Balsam is similar in colour and has a scent of tea tree and mint which is almost identical to the Origins!

One advantage of the Origins is that the shampoo is slightly more concentrated, meaning that you need to use a smaller amount of the product per wash but for the price I don't mind using a little more of the Alberto Balsam.

For results, both shampoos leave my hair feeling fresh, clean and shiny, along with not weighing it down which is very important for oily hair. And since switching to Alberto Balsam I have actually had a few comments from people thinking I have had my hair cut as it is looking healthy and thicker!

If you have fine, oily hair and like mint scents I would recommend trying the Alberto Balsam Tea Tree shampoo. The Origins feels a bit more luxurious in texture and has a longer lasting scent but for outcome I think the Alberto Balsam is an amazing dupe!

No comments:

Post a Comment