Sunday 9 November 2014

Autumnal Brogues

Autumn is my favourite season for clothing; cold enough to wear layers but not so cold that I need to start wearing my hiking gear for a trip to the corner shop. For this inbetween time I think brogues are perfect, but the search for the just right pair can be a tough one (firstworldproblems...). The ones I want to share today are my recent favourites and I think they look great for smarter occasions (I wear them to work and dinners out) aswell as casual strolls on the high street or through the park.
We don't have a Massimo Dutti shop in Scotland and although I love looking round their shops abroad I had never purchased anything before. But when I saw their Brogued Brown Bluchers online I couldn't resist! I think it is worth spending a little bit more on shoes and the quality of these is instantly noticeable. The soles are sturdy and can withstand a damp Autumn stroll, as well as looking polished enough for a nice meal out. I've also had a few compliments on the shoes remarking how comfortable and smart chic they look.

When I buy shoes I always expect there to be a wearing in period and I'll admit I did get a couple of blisters with these shoes, but nothing a plaster and a think pair of socks can't handle! After about a week they were worn in and comfortable.
I think it has been a couple of years since I have had brown shoes and I am really enjoying it. They go really well with navy trousers or jeans and work well with skirts and dresses during Autumn. Also, they break up my shoe-drobe of black boots! I like to wear them with striped tops and tartan scarves for a casual weekend outfit.


I'm really happy with these brogues and am now eyeing up some other shoes on the Massimo Dutti site. I'm always on the look out for the perfect brogues/ smart shoe so if there are any places you always go I'd love to hear about them!

Massimo Dutti's Brogued Brown Bluchers are available on their website for £89.95. 

PS I'm now on twitter @onawildhunt Come say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment